Jump to Navigation

Blog Post

AddThis Share   Print Print   Text Size

Violation of Court Supervision/Violation of Probation

Posted by: Paul Heinrich
January 01, 2011
Topic: DUI -- First Offense -- Questions and Answers

When you are sentenced to Court Supervision, Conditional Discharge, or Probation for a criminal or traffic offense the court expects you to comply with the terms of the sentence.  For example, you may be required to attend drug and alcohol classes, pay fines and costs, and not commit any further criminal or traffic violations for the period you are on Court Supervision, Conditional Discharge, or Probation.

If you fail to comply with the terms of your sentence, the Court can re-sentence you up to the maximum allowable punishment. In DUI and other traffic cases where the motorist originally received Court Supervision, it is extremely important to avoid losing that sentence because the consequences of a conviction for the original offense can be devastating.

If you do violate the terms of your original sentence, it is important that you get an experienced traffic law lawyer to represent you to minimize the damage. The worst thing you can do is ignore the problem and not show up in court.

A lesson I learned from flying airplanes applies equally well here, too, and that is that you never, ever just throw up your hands and give up.  If you do, you're guaranteed to be dead! 




  • RSS 2.0 Feed
  • My Yahoo!
  • Sub Bloglines
  • Add to Google
  • newsgator
  • My MSN

What is RSS?
Visit Our Main Site en Español 630-232-1116 Wheaton, Geneva, and Sycamore Convenient Payment Plans and Pro Bono Services Available | MasterCard | Visa